MIH-VGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A video game club in Merritt Island High School, basically kick-back relax and own.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Trading Card Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertKing
Admin
Admin
DesertKing

Pokemon Trading Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:37 am

As well as this guide, there is a video that can be found here: How to Play Video

While Chase/soda may be a god at the Pokemon games for the hand helds, I have the card game section covered!

The card game is a whole different thing from the hand helds. The thing to know is, is that you have to know your deck before you play. 9 types of elementin the card game apposed to the many many more in the actual game.

Types

Fire- A lot of the fire cards require you to discard cards in order to use thier attacks but they hit hard

water/ice- water cards require lots of energy because most attacks are based on the amount of water energy cards attached to your pokemon.

grass/poisin/bug- grass pokemon don't ever really hit hard but they almost all have attacks that cause you to be asleep confuzed or paralized.

thunder- often paralizing and hitting hard but just life fire they either cost you to discard or they have effects that hurt themselfs.

fighting/ground- a lot of effects such as forced switchs or damaging benched pokemon happen with these types. often with the fighting branch you get more attack and less hp while with ground ou get more hp and less attacks. grounds have more effects and fighters not so much but still good.

psychic- normally all of the have insanely low health but make up for it with either amazing attacks or amazing effects. they are a really weird class to play but do pretty good. lots of randomness happens with thier effects.

steel- steel (one of the newer types) have lots of attacks that reduce damage done to them as well as beef up thier attacks or cool effects. thier arnt a lot so thier not to common. they do quite well but only because thier not so plentyful.

dark- also one of the newer types. darks often hurt themselfs do deal out tons of damage. they are pretty much like psychics but rather more hp and more self inflict.

normal/dragon- also known as colorless, these types have the benifit of being over all universally good. they take any energy because they dont need a spesific kind. often having high health and high attack with lots of bench effects, they are insanely diverse. they will fit in just about any deck. they make very good stall cards as well. onl down fall is, you can never have an elemnt edge or resistance to anyone. you just do what you can.

How to win.

Draw all your prize cards.

OR

Make your oppenent(s) draw all their cards. The next turn when he/she must draw, if there are no more cards, you win.
OR

Make your oppenent(s) run out of active pokemon and benched pokemon. (Pokemon in hand do not count.)

How to Begin a Game

1.Shuffle your deck and draw 7 cards.

2.Check to see if you have any basics.*

3.Choose a basic to put down. (face down)

4.Put down up to 5 other basics on your bench. (face down)

5.Draw 6 more cards and, without looking at them, place them as prize cards.

6.Flip a coin to see who goes first. (If you pick heads and the coin lands on heads, you go first.)

7.Turn all your played cards face up.

*If you do not have a basic after drawing your 7 cards, you must show your hand to the opponent, shuffle it back into the deck, and draw 7 new cards. If your oppenent wishes, he/she may draw another card. (This is not always chosen, becaue if you have no cards left to draw at any point in the game, you lose. Drawing an extra puts you one card behind your opponent, letting them possibly stall you till you're out.) This process is repeated until you draw a basic.

THE RUN DOWN

Pretty much this is how things work.

1. you draw a card.

2. do any of the following

play a trainer card(s)
play a supporter card (1 a turn)
you a pokepower or pokebody (as many times as it says you can use it per turn)
play an energy (1 a turn)
evolve a pokemon (as many as you want, but only one per pokemon.)(When a pokemon evolves, all special conditions are removed, but the damage stays.)
retreat

3. Use an attack (apply weakness and resistance)

4. declare your turn over.

5.(calculate you and your oppenents poison and burn damage if need be)

6. If one of your opponents pokemon was knocked out, take a prize card.

Other rules

60 cards per deck.

4 type of cards per deck

no complaining about cheapness.

you can have as many decks as you would like. just only one per match though.

WE DO USE WEAKNESS AND RESISTANCE.

TIPS

try to balance your deck. having an all one element deck leave you to get raped by a counter element. having a multi deck full of to many things leave u unable to find the energys u need.

make sure to have enough energys. say you have an attack that costs 2 energy. and attack that costs 4 energy. you do not need 6 energy on that pokemon. just 4.

make sure to have all the basics and evos you need. no need to just have energys

trainer cards are very helpful. make sure to have your fair share. lets say u have a multi deck. use energy serchs to find your proper energys. or if u have a low basic pokemon count. to have cards that make you draw more or look for some.

WE WILL BE PLAYING POKEMON EVERY DAY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 am

sweet. Now make a TCG board for it :P

Also...because my 'good' deck is screwed with colorless energies....Im down to my status deck and my 2 type decks. (Elec and Colorless, Water/Psychic, Psychic/Ground, etc. I should have them all organized by Friday so we can play :))
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gamer
Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:16 am

COLORLESS IS WIN!
Back to top Go down
AluTwon
Gamer
Gamer
AluTwon

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 am

So cool ill get my deck ready for friday okay?
Back to top Go down
HeavyHandsRape
HeavyHandsRape

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 am

Jacked sams Green cards today for my awesome poisen/stall/Kill you bench/ you'll hate me Deck
Back to top Go down
DesertKing
Admin
Admin
DesertKing

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Sodapop5000 wrote:
sweet. Now make a TCG board for it :P

Also...because my 'good' deck is screwed with colorless energies....Im down to my status deck and my 2 type decks. (Elec and Colorless, Water/Psychic, Psychic/Ground, etc. I should have them all organized by Friday so we can play :))

ill ask nate to make a serperate forum for it XD kuz i really dont know how XD

and truuuuuu!well with that said you still let me trade some awesome shit for ur aggron!

and giid stufff XD duel elements rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 am

Okay Jamil, Im done moving the forum, as well as adding in the rules from the official rulebook ;)
Back to top Go down
Nate
Admin
Admin
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:19 am

Sodapop5000 wrote:
Okay Jamil, Im done moving the forum, as well as adding in the rules from the official rulebook ;)
-_- that was my job *punch*
Back to top Go down
https://mivc.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Nate wrote:
Sodapop5000 wrote:
too late *dodge*
Back to top Go down
DesertKing
Admin
Admin
DesertKing

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:40 am

Sodapop5000 wrote:
Nate wrote:
Sodapop5000 wrote:
too late *dodge*

HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game   Pokemon Trading Card Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Trading Card Game
Page 1 of 1